Title: Child nutrition employee
Qualifications: General cooking skills
Reports to: Food Service Manager
Length of workday: 7:00am-2:20pm (includes breakfast break of 20 minutes and a lunch break of 30 minutes)
Salary and length of work year: to be determined by the superintendent.
Job goal: To prepare healthy meals in large quantities in a clean and accurate manner, as well as, keeping the kitchen clean and orderly at all times.
- Be able to read, understand, and follow directions on recipes.
- Assist in cleaning the kitchen and cafeteria areas in their entirety. Follow the cleaning schedule as posted.
- Assist in keeping the back storage area clean and orderly at all times.
- Clean bathroom as a sign on schedule, it must be cleaned daily as necessary to maintain clean and safe environment. The floor should be mopped daily.
- Carry out any other tasks or duties assigned by Food Service Manager.
- Be willing to work on weekends, nights, and holidays for school sponsored events, or school related events for extra pay. These job assignments may be filled by request of host or staff member or may be assigned according to a rotation.
- In case of illness, the food manager must be notified as quickly as possible so that a substitute, if needed, maybe contacted.
- Cafeteria employees will be allowed 10 days per year of sick leave, as well as, three personal days per year.
- Required to attend all Support Staff Meetings.
Skills Required: Must be reliable, a team worker, able to read and follow instructions all while maintaining a good attitude.
Physical requirements: Able to tolerate heat, steam, and cleaning compounds. Able to lift and carry heavy items as needed. As well as standing for extended periods of time. Be clean and tidy in appearance. Must be willing to wear head coverings and gloves and be free of infectious diseases.
Terms of employment: Salary according to district schedule. The staff will be off on all scheduled teacher holidays. The cooks will be employed on recommendation of the food service manager.
Applications can be found at: